Container size for chilis and tomatillos

I have seedlings of tomatillo and of several varieties of chili peppers ready for planting in containers. I'd be grateful for advice on required container size (diameter and depth) for these plants.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

My tomato and peppers did well in a 12x12x12 pot. That's about 7.5 gallons depending upon how hig you fill it. For a round container that's 15" round, 10 high to 12" round x 15 high.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 2nd year gardener
Stan Goodman wrote:

What varieties of chiles? Some only grow less than 2 feet tall, and I've seen others over 9 feet tall. (I'm growing all new varieties this year and have no idea how close to plant them)
The tomatilloes I grew last year ended up about 5 or 6 feet tall, spilling out of their little wire cages and sprawled all over themselves. I will put them in 5' heavy wire cages this year.
Bob