Broccoli and cauliflower

I picked the 1st crop from both broccoli and cauliflower. Since these plants don't grow well in the heat, I am thinking of pulling the plants out. But what can I plant in their place? I live in Maryland, zone 6. Thank you.

Reply to
higgledy

higgledy wrote: " picked the 1st crop from both broccoli and cauliflower. Since these plants don't grow well in the heat, I am thinking of pulling the plants out. But what can I plant in their place? I live in Maryland, zone

6."

There/s plenty-o-time left in the zone 6 growing season to...

-- sow seeds now -- green beans squash cucumber

-- transplant seedlings now -- tomato (short season varieties 55 - 65 days) bell pepper onion (90-day)

-- sow seeds next month -- Cos lettuce (sow seeds early August and/or set transplants early September) spinach (sow seeds mid-August) cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli (sow seeds late July of transplants mid-August)

Time/s a-wasting, so you/d better get busy.

Reply to
ToweringQs

Great. Thanks for the ideas.

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Reply to
higgledy

Huh?? You should have enough time for another broccoli flower set. Keep those plants there and start ny new crop you might try in-between them. In a month or so, the brocolli may be finished. You can tell the time to pull the plants because the flowerettes will be small and almost immediately leggy.

Reply to
Harry Chickpea