Bramley advice required

Hi

Can someone advise. I already have one Bramley in my smallish garden (planted last year). It did not fruit very well. I also planted two other apple trees (Diva) which did fruit well.

I'm looking to plant another Bramley but need advice re pollination. I live in a Fenland Village - there is a large Bramley orchard approx 1 mile to the South West of my garden (lots of houses in between) and there is a Cox's orchard 300 yards to the North East. I assume that the Bramley orchard has other trees within to aid pollination.

There are plenty of fruit trees in the village gardens but I am not sure exactly what variety.

The key question is - will I need to plant other trees that will aid pollination or could I rely on local pollen from orchards and neighbours?

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Miller