Bean blight?

I have a bunch of string beans that were up a couple of weeks ago, and they are suddenly looking like they froze. It got down into the low thirties, but nothing else froze, including the tomatoes and peppers. Many of the leaves are turning brown to blackish, and curling up or going limp.

Do I have some kind of a blight? If so, what can I do about it now, and how can I avoid it later?

If it's not a blight, what might it be and what do I do?

Thank you in advance.

Lightnin Dave

Reply to
Lightnin Dave

It sure reads like frostbite. Beans are tender, more so than tomatoes. Bean blights, Common or Halo. usually appear When the pods are forming and black spots on the pods and yellowing leaves are the major symptoms. Rhizoctonia root rot takes out some bean plants for me on occasion. It strikes young plants which just curl up and die. If you pull a plant you will find rotted places in the main stem just below ground level.

Reply to
FarmerDill