Banana squash?

I am growing banana squash hydroponicly. One member of this group, I am sorry I do nor remember who, said that one can expect only one good squash per plant. So far, I have nothing to dispute that. Several other squash set, but the either came off when touch or rotted in place.

I decided to see what would happen if I waited. The plant continued to grow. It produce many male flowers but no incipient squash. The mail flowers attracted HONEYBEES, more than I had seen in one place during the past few years. New leaves started to grow.

I decided to remove old leaves to allow light to hit new growth, again just to see what is happening. So far, nothing much.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Decimal

If it only grows one squash, it hardly seems worth it, does it?

Is it a particularly delicious squash or otherwise unique?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Pat Meadows at snipped-for-privacy@meadows.pair.com wrote on 8/22/03 10:00 AM:

According to the seed packet, it was a small version that only got to be about 12 pounds. picked at about three. It was good.

My experiment, however, is not over.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Decimal