Banana Peppers

I'm growing my first banana pepper plants. I've already harvested the first pepper and there's another that looks like it's ready. My problem is I'm not sure when they are ready. The first one was about 6-7" long (if it were straightened out) and about 2-3" in circumference near the stem. Had it reached maturity? It was firm and smelled great without cutting it. I put it in a salad and it tasted good but not quite as strong as I expected.

Thanks.

Reply to
<nowhere