Awesome weather today.

How about that weather.

The drug patrol helicopter circled my house again at about 100 feet .About

2 PM. And woke me up. They keep waking me up . As I work shifts. I gave them the finger last summer. They were so close they gave me the finger back and I could easily see their facial features and the finger. They came back for some more look see about a half hour later. They beelined it for my place from about a mile away. and hovered about 100 feet looking around. . It piss me off because its a blatant disregard for safety. They have to have enough altitude to land without hitting anything . If they lose power. And there's nothing here but houses. I know the FARs pretty well. I think they have a 1000 feet minimum over homes. I got some pictures this time. They saw me takin pictures and went around the other side of the house. They come about 4 times a year to my house to wake me up. Been going on for over three years. Typical government employees with nothing to do.

I'm going to make a DVD of these guys and turn it in to the FAA. And probably nothing will come of it.

Saying that. After being woken up again. I found its real nice out. I took the opportunity to rake up my main garden, with my new rake. And get all the big stuff out of the straw. and I filled up my compost bin. And I pulled them damn weeds that overrun my house patch. I wish I knew what they were. There's some onions out there still alive. My dead celery. Has some bugs working it over. That plot wouldn't grow last year. Except the lettuce was the bomb. From the weeds blocking the sun. And killed everything. So I cleaned up pretty good.

I wish I could do something else. But its supposed to get cold again.

I reread Ruth Stouts No work garden book again last night. She was an organic gardener. About 80 when the book were written in the 1971. The premise of her books is using hay about 6 inches thick as year round cover. And planting seeds and vegetables in the ground by moving hay aside. Then there's no weeds. As the hay breaks down she just adds more. Her garden was actually big. about 60 by 80 feet. And she documented the soil test over 15 years of using nothing but hay. And she says she gardens from her couch. And gets some vegetables all winter. By keeping them covered. A No till method. She had quite a few agriculture scientist about her place regularly. And she was a writer in organic farming and gardening for 15 years. Between 1953 and 1971. Her writing style is interesting and funny. Clearly she is a independent cantankerous old woman . Its just a good read. I got one of her follow-up books and found out morning glories wont die under hay. Which was my main problem. Last year I kinda did what she said. Hay everywhere and I added a weed fabric. And it kept the weeds down.

I'm not sure what direction to go this year except not redo last years mistakes. Which were.

I planted too early. And all the root crops rotted. I didn't keep track of harvest times. And I left things in too long. And the corn got crinkly and mushy, The lettuce bolted. And some of the eggplants were getting rot spots in the middle. But I had been eating it all along until then. I didn't keep up with the weeds at the house plot. But it was an afterthought anyways.

Id like to get lettuce and / or a greens mix all through the hot summer. So I thinking of putting a greens mix in a raised bed . And keep cutting it as needed and adding seeds every week or two. And putting lettuce where last years was. Maybe three heads a week But getting some low bolt high high heat lettuce for the summer.

That's about it for today.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

It is a February thaw here. Forty five degrees melting three feet of snow. It is a mud pit here. I am bored out of my retired mind, I read allot, watch tv, play with the computer, I worked out out with the bowflex and rode a stationary bike for an hour, feed the animals, watered the plants, longing for spring so I can get out and work in the garden with out triple layer of clothing.

The coast guard helicopters fly over high above and no problems here with little noise. Checking on the ice fisherman in hopes of nothing going on with the melting ice on the great lakes. People appreciate the coast guard here and the helicopters are a welcome site.

Inspired by another poster here on peat moss, I received my new garden book on creating concrete garden ornamentals. I wonder if I can make my own pathways and ornaments cheaply. So goody more to read. Make some raisin bread. Wash the dog. Perhaps I will work on my taxes for enjoyment.

Nad R

I think it is wrong to fly about looking for small drug infractions. Within the last year I was in court as a jury dealing with a guy who had 10 large plants of MJ and was id'ed by air. Seems the guy was hurt when a trailer he was working on blew up. MJ helped but a broken marriage made it complex.

He got a few years Sucks.

I'm surprised I've not been visited as I got all sorts of plants about no hallucinates but I may try nutmeg.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Your not sour Diesel, are you?

BTW, summer lettuces do well in hydroponic situations.

Reply to
Gunner

Your not sour Diesel, are you?

I wouldnt be on usenet talking about the POPO flying over my house if i was.

BTW, summer lettuces do well in hydroponic situations.

It will, Well, thinking about it. Thats a possibility. I wonder how long it would take too get lettuce in a hydroponics system. You think I could put a lettuce outside in hydro setup and use sunlight. I cant imagine that being a good thing. Somebody would probably steal my setup. Anyways.

Reply to
DogDiesel