adzuki beans

Anyone grown these?
I'm wondering how you compare the taste to string beans, if you pick the adzuki when they're "string bean like".
I pan fried 3 the other day (all that were sort of big enough, about 2/5-3"), but couldn't get a good fix on the flavor/texture.
on another note:
Any of you folks in NE Mississippi, or even NW Alabama, N. MS, or SW Tenn?
I'm in California, but might move back there in a few years. Just wondering what the problems are.