A book recommendation

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (Amazon.com product link shortened)86001728&sr=8-1
This book may be old news for some, but for those who have yet to read it, I can't say enough positive things about it.

Almost all of her books are magical.

Prodigal Summer is one of my alltime favorite books. Love her words!
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked

My two tied-for-favorite books are "Animal Dreams" by Kingsolver and "The Shipping News" by Anne Proulx.
Jan
Jan Flora wrote:

I tried reading something by Kingsolver, and it just didn't do it for me. Something with animals in the title.

Try another one of her books. Don't judge her by one book.
I hated one of her books, too. Something about a gal who knew about everything in the woods, etc. It reminded me so much of me that it put me to sleep.
She's a sort of hit & miss writer. Some stuff is hoo-hum, but she has her moments of brilliance.
Even great writers are occasionally allowed to sing off-key. As long as they write something wonderful once in awhile.
Her first book, IIRC, "The Bean Trees" was great, IMO.
Everyone has different tastes and opinions. That's what makes horse races interesting : )
Jan

Which is why I'll buy it. The hardcover is $16.17 at Amazon. (Amazon.com product link shortened)86163034&sr=8-1
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked

Hmmm - I guess I did ;->