What stainless steel cleaner?

We have a SS cooker hob, and as it needs cleaning properly I would like to know what is the best cleaner to use. I have just tried CIF SS cleaner, but it has dried streaky after following the instructions. After doing a google search I have seen a few SS cleaners, but would like to know which one.
Thanks
Bob H wrote:

Try "Shiny Sinks" - works wonders
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Then apply a coat of baby oil.
writes

I know it sounds daft but have you tried flour?
Strong bread flour on a slightly damp cloth works wonders.
--
Regards
Phil