What does "Acrylic capped shower tray" mean ?

What does "Acrylic capped shower tray" mean ?
Does it mean the tray is stone capped with acrylic ?
If not, what does it mean ?.
TIA,
woodglass

I would expect it to be some sort of pretty stone, unsuitable for showers, as it's porous/..., covered in transparent acrylic.
"woodglass" wrote:

No, it mans that the acrylic 'cap' layer has a polyester resin and stone backing to give strength and durability, whereas a basic acrylic shower tray has an acrylic 'cap' layer backed with sprayed-on glass reinforced plastic. So they all have an acrylic cap but I think you are asking about acrylic capped stone resin shower trays.
http://www.bathroom-association.org/faq-showertray.asp

Excellent, thanks
woodglass...

They use a stone resin to make the tray, then cap it with a moulded on layer of acrylic .... the former gives rigidity and strength and the latter the pretty finish & easy of cleaning (also any colour they want)
I have 3 x acrylic capped trays from Just Trays ...... BTW - most of the big name shower companies who charge the debt of a small country for their trays ... actually have them made by Just Trays.
The only issue is that stone trays are VERY heavy, the largest I bought was a 3 man lift, but it ain't ever going to warp !
Rick Hughes wrote:

I lifted my huge one easily with two..and managed to fit it singlehandedly.
Only around 50kg.
When I were a lad the coalman would deliver 1cwt sacks - up to twenty at a time - from the coal lorry.
45kg. You aren't allowed to lift more than 35kg these days.,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Your coal man was a girls blouse, mine used to carry two dozen on 'is back and one in his teeth, he'd stll have a woodbine on the go as well.
Mike
Mike wrote:

and the girls wore thick woolly stockings that smelt of..
Look, shall we stop there?