water based top coat

I have used ICI primer/undercoat and love the fact that it dries in 2 hours.and seems to do the job for internal work. Anyone have any experience of water based top coats as opposed to a semi gloss oil based paint.......( for wardrobe doors )
Barry

From my own experience the water based gloss and satin finish top coats are rubbish, far too brittle when dry. The slightest knock.dent or scuff removes huge amount of paint compared to oil based paints and in opinion much harder to get a good finish with them also.
--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.
water based wear better over time, but are no good around doorways etc as they damage easily Stuart