Tumble dryer

Do any of you have an idea how long a run I can get away with from the dryer to the vent outlet ? I'm having an extension built onto the house and it will make life a lot easier if I can put the dryer in a position which does not have a useable outside wall i.e. the other side of the wall is on the property line and using it would vent into the neighbour's garden. If all else fails, I guess I could fit a condenser but am not sure how effective they are.
suggestions welcome - Phian

You could try to get the instruction manual off the web for the dryer for a precice length. I fitted a dryer at a friends today and it allowed 2.4m ducting.
Adam

Thanks, I'll try that. Goodness only knows where the original went but if it is available on the web then I should be OK.
Phian

dryer
guess
Hi, Phian we've used a condenser for the past 10 years, I would never go back to one requiring a vent again as it avoids so much hassle running ductwork all over the place. We have never had any issues with condensation (which we had with our old one, even when using the vent) so I would recommend them
regards,
David

Thanks David, what sort of condenser is it ? do you need to put ice in it or is water good enough ?
Phian

He's confused because he's referring to a condenser drier not a condenser to put on the vent pipe.

I used to have a washer/dryer but was not at all impressed so when it packed up I replaced it with separate appliances. The dryer is in the garage until the extension gets built so I haven't fitted a wall vent, just a cheap condenser which seems to do the trick but I would be concerned about getting too much moisture in there if I left it like that permanently.