toilet seat hinges rotting away

I have major problems with these, and seem to be replacing them every few months. The problem seems to be that 3 small boys with poor aim, and a manic cleaner sloshing bleach about, creates a corrosive mixture capable of dissolving away the screws (I am aware that movement is involved in this process as well).
Does anyone have any good tips for how to solve this? Is there any particular type of hinge which performs better?
I don't think persuading the boys to sit to wee will be possible!!
Duncan
"Duncan" wrot:

Chrome plated metal fixings are better in my experience. A smear of Vaseline will protect against corrosion.