Tips on fitting radiator TRV's - how does this sound

Turn off the boiler Tie up the ball valve in the tank in the loft. Connect hose pipe to drain valve on bottom rad and drain - opening air screws, upstairs, then downstairs when level has dropped Remove old rad valve Remove the old rad tail using rad spanner and wrap LOADS of PTFE around the new rad tail supplied with the TRV and screw in connect TRV to the rad tail and feed pipe and wrap PTFE around the compressions threads

re-fill and bleed all rads.

If anyone has done such a job and has any hints/tips or NOT To DO's, please post.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
vw-stuff

All I can think of is remember the fernox inhibitor when re-filling

Reply to
Vass

Yes, I already have that. Only thing that worries me is the re-filling - making sure all the valves are water tight and getting ALL the air out of the system.

Reply to
vw-stuff

Dont worry, bleed the rads again in a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks till nothing comes out

Reply to
Vass