Staying Warm During The Winter

-------------------------------------
Hi, I just joined this group and I also just bought a house in New Haven, CT. As you all may know, the Northeast is getting a beatdown from all the snow and ice this winter and my heating bills are at their highest. What I need to know from one homeowner to the other, are there anyways I can keep my house warm without using my furnace at excessive levels. In my travels, I did find this article on another home improvement website, here's the link:
http://www.digiorgiinc.com/home-improvement-articles-news/10-ways-to-warm-your-house /
From the way they were written, they sound like practical and effective tips, I especially laughed out loud at the writer saying that a dirty furnace could go on strike with other furnaces if not cleaned properly. What do you guys think, tell me what you think of the article.
steven.taliaferro_at_digitalsurgeons_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (sTeVeN1) wrote in ---
On 07/02/2011 21:49, sTeVeN1 wrote:

Why would we know that? The "UK" in the group name may give you a clue as why not...
Andy