slabbing the lawn

I'm going to replace the weed infested bit of grass that passes for a lawn round here with slabs. How best to bed them in and make sure they stay flat and firm and not all loose and wobbly like next doors' ?
TIA Steve
"shazzbat" wrote:

How to build a patio:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/homebase/assets/ht_build_patio.pdf
Phil

Steve,
This website will have all the info you need and a lot nmore besides. I always refer to it when doing hard landscaping type projects
http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm
For your proposed slabs
http://www.pavingexpert.com/pccflag1.htm
Hope this helps