Sanitaryware ?

I am needing a new toilet, low level. Box on wall with pipe leading to toilet pan.

Where is the best place to get these items that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Reply to
the_constructor

:-)

Reply to
Adrian C

In message , the_constructor writes

- no plumbing required - cheapest if you make it yourself. :)

Reply to
Si

Nice one Adfrian, I tried that already....

Reply to
the_constructor

:-)

Take a peek in your local ALDI store - there was a low level WC on offer last week, there may be stock left (it's not the usual thing to fit in a food shopping trolley). ISTR it was about £70 (which not being a regular WC shopper - i've no idea if it is a sensible price).

Reply to
Adrian C

Were there several of them in a row, with a door in front of each? Just because customers have uninstalled them does not necessarily mean that they are for sale.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Trade Depot, Screwfix.

As you most likely know a bog has to flush with 6litres of water nowadays. The problem is some of them don't so you end up flushing twice. Seems to be worse on the ones with a poo shelf. They are I think for G****ns who like to examine their droppings.

Reply to
OldBill

When I was much younger, I went with my parents to a place called Paderborn in Germany. Joe, was in the 17th/21st Lancers and we were allowed to stay in the Colonels house whilst he was away. The toilet there had a poo shelf. It was quite unusual to see a toilet like that, and rotary electric light switches....!

Reply to
the_constructor

I paid £29 + vat for one last week. Get a new rubber seal for the inlet at the same time, and maybe a new 'L' bend pipe, as there may be a slight difference in lengths between the old and new. Buy some good quality brass screws to secure it - the one I did had to be smashed to get it out - the screws were very rusty. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Why "low level"? Is that the height of the cistern? Does that mean that you don't care if it doesn't flush very well? I've raised 3 cisterns a few feet now, to get an adequate flush. I can't imagine why the plumber thought that what he installed was going to work.

Reply to
Matty F

In reply: At the moment I have a close coupled toilet fitted in the bathroom. The type where the water tank sits on top of the pan. I had an hell of a job to get it off the pan because the bracket and wing nuts holding it together were completely rusty, probably due to it having had a leek and water running over the bracket. Then I found that instead of fixing the tank to the wall with screws, the previous occupier of the property had infact used silicone sealer. It's a good job that I was takking the tilwes off the wall anyway.... So, if I fit a low level toilet and fix it properly, then I or who ever follows me into the house, should have a good chance of repairing the flush etc should anything go wrong.

Reply to
the_constructor