Low water level in toilet

Hi. Yes, what is low? Seems slightly lower than the other toilets. Have tried adjusting the tank mechanics, etc.

No water on floor to show any leaks.

I have heard of hairline cracks, but not clear how to diagnose.

Any hints.

Thanks. j

Try the following experiment. Hold the flush lever down and keep it down until the bowl thoroughly siphons out empty. Then release the flush lever and let the bowl refill. If this results in a full (not low) bowl water level then the problem is your flapper valve is dropping closed too soon. (Holding the lever down prevents the flapper valve from closing.)

Reply to
Wa6tkq

Did it change or is this a new toilet for you. Some have very low levels. My parents just moved into a new townhome and the 2 low flow toilets had ridiculously low water levels. Thru them in the garbage and replaced them with Gerber pressure flush toilets with Sloan pressure valves. Gerber is famous for large target area (lots of water in toilet). So much water reappears after a flush that I decided to check them with food dye. After flush water was completely clear. Highly rated by Consumer Reports for a good reason.

Reply to
Art Begun

-snip-

Low is when it doesn't flush the stuff you want it to flush.

If it works, don't fix it.

If you flush it again as soon as the water has stopped running does it still end up at the same place? [careful when you try this-- it might overflow] Sometimes a restricted drain will upset the timing of the flush & you end p with not as much water coming in after the flush is done.

Otherwise, the adjustments are in the back-- look at the water line in the tank and adjust the ball [or whatever device adjusts the level in your toilet] accordingly.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Im having the same problem, it flushes MOST of the stuff it should but not everything. Kinda like its stopping to early. How would I go about fixing this?

Reply to
Jason

Wait 10, 20 ,50 yrs. You will be the ASS that experimented, and HD now wont warranty your PUSS,,,,, Wake UP It lasts thousands of years done right ,, Bozo, YOU a BOZO , BOZO

Reply to
mark Ransley

I suspect its a forgery.

Reply to