Replacing handrails etc on stairs

I would like to replace our old style bannister and boards with spindles, new newell post and whatever else needs replacing. Is this a fairly straight forward task. Any advice appreciated....Eric

I did this with the kits you can buy at Homebase / B&Q the tool they sell to make the hole in your existing newel post after sawing off the top 3/4 is a bit poor, but I'd recommend going this route if your existing newel post is solid I removed the whole post and replaced with a brand new one, and it was never as solid as the original. (it wobbles) As for the rest, the spindles are easy, and the whole job is very satisfying. Get the video, gives good tips and you can refer to any fiddly bits. Make sure your supplier has all the bits you need, I found it fustrating when blanking plates were missing and spindles were mixed sizes and colours from differing batches. Good luck, have fun
--
Vass