Replacing Gutters - Would Like Info

I am replacing my gutters, and, since I'm not comfortable cleaning the back side of the house which is 2 stories, I'm looking at GutterGuard and LeafGuard gutters for at least that side of the house. Roof is 9:12 so I'm not comfortable walking around on it, and, as I mentioned, not comfortable at the top of a 24 ft ladder. Front is low enough for stepladder if I only replace the back with one of the covered gutters.

I would appreciate it if anyone having these type gutter systems could respond telling me how they like the system. I'm in the Atlanta area, so responses from that area would mean most as they'll be experiencing similar rainfall.

I have a concern about LeafGuard in that the gutter portion is not supported

- only the top cover is. Does this pose a sagging problem on longer (over 10 ft) runs?

Don't want screens because I have pinestraw and my experience with screens and straw has not been good.

Later, Mike (substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly)

----------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Please send all email as text only - HTML mail is automatically filtered to the trash and I might not catch it.

Reply to
Michael Strickland

I've had Leafguard in NC for 7 years. WOrks great. In a previous house I tried an add on helmit for preexisting gutters. THey sucked. Needed to be cleaned. LEafguard works great. If rain is ultra heavy there might be some rain that goes over it but in those cases the rain is so forceful it flies off the leafguard like a ski jump and ends up far away from the foundation and past the bushes.

to the trash and I might not catch it.

Reply to
Art

Is there any sag or spread due to the unsupported lower gutter portion on long runs? I have a couple of runs that will be about 30 ft. I am concerned that the weight of the water in that long of a run will cause problems. Water is about 8 pounds per gallon and I figure that there would be a number of gallons in a run that long, moving true enough, but the weight would still be there. The only thing holding it up is the strength of the metal. I know that thicker material is used, but it's still aluminum.

GutterGuard supports the lower gutter portion with a continuation of the bracket that holds the top, but is more expensive. I'm sure that it'd work fine, but if LeafGuard will work just as well, I can't see spending the extra money.

That is understandable. I'm only really concerned about average to heavy rainfall - the frog drowners aren't so frequent as to pose a problem (usually).