Removing wax from doors

The doors in the house we have bought are mostly new pine panel jobs, few have been treated with anything, some don't even have latches! Two of them have been treated with some kind of wax, but its been done badly.
How do I get it off? Sanding is no good as the disk instantly clogs with the wax. Wiping with thinners doesn't seem to shift it either.
Any advise appreciated.
Mike

painting. I think it's carbon tetrachloride - dry cleaning fluid.
Rob Graham
Try wirewool and white spirits.
Ash