Prefinished floor too shiny

I've just finished laying an oak floor with prefinished boards. It looks good, but it reflects so much light that from certain angles it looks far too shiny and you can't see the grain of the wood. Is there any way of removing the prefinish and making it look more real?
TIA
Lizzie

You can buy satin- and even matt-clear varnish, which may be simpler than getting rid of the old finish. Try and get floor varnish as I think this is tougher than normal varnish.