Paint - mixing silk & matt emulsion?

There's a colour I want to use, available in either matt or silk. I really want a soft sheen finish - has anyone tried mixing matt and silk together to get a finish somewhere between the two?
Thanks for any replies, Richard

Not tried that, how about eggshell as an alternative. Dulux trade quick drying eggshell is a hard wearing alternative between matt & silk and is available to any colour mix.
--
fred

Wait a minute, isn't dulux soft sheen available colour mixed?
--
fred

I tried this and got Milk...don't do it ;-)