Paint--Gloss to matt

Hi

I have a quantity of coloured gloss paint that I am painting a trailer with and I wondered if there was an easy way to turn it into a matt finish?

Reply to
Mr S Topp

Interesting one... most exterior products are gloss because they last better outside - more water resistant etc....

You may like to check out the matting additive....

donno if it will work in your particular paint..you may just have to try it.....as the manufacturer probably won't recommend using it in anything that they haven't tested it in, just in case it all goes wrong !!!!

The other method is to put your trailer out in the sun and wait... the paint will loose gloss with time!!!!

diypaint

How about painting using the gloss and then when dried, add a coat or two of exterior polyeurthene matt or silk vanish depending on the degree of sheen you want.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.