OT: PC I'm trying to Do It Myself but need some help !

Hi Folks,
What I am looking for is a script file that will allow me to show my photgraphs on my website, without the need for creating a separate html file for each.
The script file must allow me to put a caption on for each photo.
Can anyone suggest a script file or program to do this please.... ?
Kindest regards,
James
the_constructor wrote:

I do similar using php and a mysql database. But its all 'code'

Wouldn't you be better asking in a more relevant NG?
Rob Graham
the_constructor wrote:

Not sure if it does what you want, but IrfanView is able to produce html quickly and easily - it creates thumbnails plus individual pages for each picture.
Not sophisticated so changing 'captions' may need direct editing of the html (not difficult). But, thinking about it, captions may be derived from any IPTC info you have added to the photo. Might try that myself later... (IrfanView handles IPTC as well.)
Oh - did I mention that IrfanView is free to use for non-commercial purposes (I voluntarily paid something like GBP10 as I used it so much).
--
Rod

Depending on what facilities you have with your web host, try looking at Coppermine - alternatively something like...
http://www.phpalbum.net http://gallery.menalto.com
If you use ACDSee, that also had an automatic website image gallery generation facility IIRC, but not sure if it allowed you to add comments easily.
the_constructor coughed up some electrons that declared:

Gallery2 will manage photos on a PHP enabled server with access to a database (Postgresql or Mysql or MS Sql amongst others).
On windows or unix.
If that's too heavy, have a look at Freshmeat.net and search for
photo gallery html
There are loads of scripts that will churn out a web tree for you, many for free.
HTH
Tim
the_constructor wrote:

Try newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk give all imfo, expect some abuse but you can get lucky
Can't comment on the other solutions offered, but I needed something to cycle through diagrams. You can see the result of what I wrote here:     http://tinyurl.com/cdue2b ... standing in for ... http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/AudioVisualTV/SatelliteTV/SatelliteGeneral.html
Click on 'There is no scale on the dish' and read the 'Template' insructions. Every click on the diagram brings up the next in a cycle of three.
There are vaguely similar examples on that page and in the Satelite TV Analysis pages, where clicking on a list item or a button hides and shows a diagram, a more detailed explanation, a block of maths, etc.
If you want to understand how it works, you need to look at those sections of HTML in View, Page Source, and the file ...     http://www.macfh.co.uk/Resources/Scripts/General.js ... but it's all crunched, and of course, if I were to cut and paste the uncrunched versions here there would be line break problems.
However, if you're interested, I can put the code up somewhere or send it to you.
On Sun, 31 May 2009 07:17:52 +0100, "the_constructor"

===================================== Please always reply to news group as the email address in this post's header does not exist. Alternatively, use the contact address at:     http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
On Sun, 31 May 2009 07:17:52 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

I gave up looking a few years ago* and wrote my own - ones with cpation support were very limited, and the few that were around didn't handle longer captions at all sensibly. Availability might be better these days, though...
* one of the things I wanted was the ability to keep the data for a gallery (image filenames and associated captions) in a local config file, so I could easily edit it and 're-publish' changed info to the website; everything I looked at seemed to want a time-consuming GUI-driven approach though which made maintenance more difficult.
cheers
Jules

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2 /
JW