O/T'ish. Applying clear plastic film to face of iPad

You'd think 'how hard can it be', but it needs some technique that I've not got yet.
Any tips for a bubble free application?
mark
mark wrote:

Applying films to glass in other situations involve water and a squeegee. I doubt that this technique will do the ipad any good though!
I've tried repeatedly to apply a screen protector to my camera without bubbles and failed. Does the Ipad need protection? I don't have one but the gorilla glass used on my iphone 3 is very tough and remains unmarked over several years.
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

I was going to put one on my Kindle but after seeing the effect it had on my daughter's Kindle I changed my mind. Normally the Kindle is nice and clear but the film gave it a reflective quality that made it a bit more difficult to read.

Would it make more sense to apply a hammer to the screen seeing as they dont even have usb ports or anything else usefull on them??
message