New brushes on Bosch drill

I have an old Bosch CSB 500 RLE drill which has given years of service but lately it has started to play up. When I pull the trigger sometimes it works and sometimes not. I opened it up and it seems like the carbon brushes have worn down. They are only about 3-4 mm thick and look very short compared to a photograph of some new ones I saw on the Net. Do you think I'm right in my diagnosis of the problen and is replacing the brushes just a question of pulling the old ones from their plastic housing and pushing in the new ones?

There's a photo of the brushes here

Bren

Dead easy to change. Usually there are some genuine ones on ebay cheaper than list price spares from Bosch. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Just seen your link pointing to ebay already DOH! Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks for that Bob. Is it just a case of pulling out the old brushes and pushing the new ones into the plastic housings?

Bren

Some models involve a screw others are clip in fit. Not rocket science. A few spots of oil on the rear bearing whilst you are there will do no harm. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin