New brushes on Bosch drill

I have an old Bosch CSB 500 RLE drill which has given years of service but lately it has started to play up. When I pull the trigger sometimes it works and sometimes not. I opened it up and it seems like the carbon brushes have worn down. They are only about 3-4 mm thick and look very short compared to a photograph of some new ones I saw on the Net. Do you think I'm right in my diagnosis of the problen and is replacing the brushes just a question of pulling the old ones from their plastic housing and pushing in the new ones?
There's a photo of the brushes here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-of-CARBON-BRUSHES-FOR-BOSCH-DRILLS-SAW-PLANER-NEW-8_W0QQitemZ110427568109QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item19b5fef7ed&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Bren wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-of-CARBON-BRUSHES-FOR-BOSCH-DRILLS-SAW-PLANER-NEW-8_W0QQitemZ110427568109QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item19b5fef7ed&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Dead easy to change. Usually there are some genuine ones on ebay cheaper than list price spares from Bosch. Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

Just seen your link pointing to ebay already DOH! Bob
Thanks for that Bob. Is it just a case of pulling out the old brushes and pushing the new ones into the plastic housings?

Bren wrote:

Some models involve a screw others are clip in fit. Not rocket science. A few spots of oil on the rear bearing whilst you are there will do no harm. Bob