Mouldy bathrooms

I have a fairly well plumbed bathroom and we are careful to make sure that the room is ventilated as much as poss. So much so that after 4 years, we still have white tile grout and it all looks as good as the day it was installed.

However, there are one or two very small areas where water tends to sit and these are developing very small amounts of mould.

Can anyone suggest the most effective method of getting rid of and protecting against this?

I have tried everything on the supermarket shelves. Nothing seems powerful enough.

thanks all,

jON

Reply to
jonrowlan

Have you tried "Dettox Anti-Bacterial Mould & Mildew Remover"? I have found this product works exceptionally well. Just spray it on, and within a few seconds you'll see it starting to work. Careful not to get any on your clothes, towels etc, because it'll bleach them.

Paddle

Reply to
the paddle

We always use ordinary household bleach and one of those small household scrubbing brushes intended for pot washing. The bleach is applied using a spray dispenser and then worked into the mould using the brush, left for a few minutes with perhaps another scrub after it soaks into the mould.

Usual precautions apply. Lots of ventilation etc. Lungs do not like bleach and as previously mentioned bleach does bleach most things which it comes into contact with.

After the required effect is achieved the bleach/ mould residue is removed using a damp cloth, frequently rinsed in clean water.

It should be added that we have used this technique primarily on tiles and grout, it does not seem to damage plastic baths, though caution should be exercised with the scrubbing brush as it may scratch plastic surfaces and also the bleach should not be left in contact with the surfaces to be treated for too long.

It's also cheap, the less viscous cheapo stuff is perfectly adequate.

Regards

Pilgarlic

Reply to
Pilgarlick