Lighting wiring problem

Hi, I'm having problems installing a light fitting. At the ceiling going into the light fitting are 4 cables. A supply, a feed to another light, a switch to that light and a switch to the light in another room.
In the new light fitting is a 3 way chocolate block. When I put all 4 lives, neutrals and earths in the relevant terminals at the fitting the breaker trips. When I put all the lives earths and neutrals in the relevant terminals and the neutral from the relevant switch for that fitting in with the lives, the light fitting has power and comes on but can not be switched on or off from the switch and there is no power at that switch. All the other lights and switches work fine.
What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!
lsd

These sites will help:
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/projectselectrical.htm
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/lightcircuit.htm

Start here
http://www.userview.co.uk/loop1.html
but I suspect that you have 3 feeds and one switched wire
Adam

lsd