leather sofa

Dear All

Recently we bought a new leather (red) sofa from Harvey, supposedly of good quality from the price. My young daughter accidently left some scratched marks on it with her nails. We are very disappointed that it can be scratched rather easily. As a new user, I would like to ask: (a) How to mend those marks ? (b) Is our sofa's leather not of good quality as they claimed, or we just have to be extra careful with leather sofa in general? Thanks in advance for your help P.

Reply to
Pete Lodd

Leather furniture shouldn't scratch easily.

We've had ours for over 12 years, and not a scratch !.

It sounds like you've either bought cheap, or been ripped off !.

Reply to
Blueyonder

Oh dear! too late. The only comfort is that the small of real leather is still compelling. £1400 is not cheap, for me.

Blueyonder, any tips for keeping it so long, any solvent you use for routine clean etc.

Many thanks, P.

Reply to
Pete Lodd

We looked at leather a few months ago John Peters I think the shop was and didnt buy because it became far to complicated they offered 6 different grades of leather if it was scratch resistance it felts cheap from what I remember if it felt nice it wasnt hard wearing blew my head away.

Go back to the shop and seek advice they should know the leather grade what if anything its been treated with and what to do about the marks (Bloke in shop showed us how to scratch and removed almost the marks left) They will also now doubt have suitable cleaning products but a swift read of the ingredients and find the same cheaper is a good idea

Reply to
JD

Believe it or not, but my wife uses baby wipes to clean the suite, and that's all !!!.

It leaves it smelling nice afterwards !. :-)

Reply to
Blueyonder