laying laminate flooring

Thinking of having laminate in the kitchen. Any pointers of how to go about it. Is there a special sort for kitchens? What about expansion gaps. Does the gap have to be all round the room.Obviously under the units is not a problem and I can hide some of the gaps with the skirting but in a couple of places I need to go up to the sides of the floor units. Would it be ok to butt up to these units and leave the expansion gaps at the wall sides? hope you can enlighten me cheers

Reply to
STUART ENGLISH

The instructions are usually pretty good, so give them a 'sit down with a cuppa' read.

Sometimes they just recommend gluing the joins - which is a real pain & takes lots of extra time.

Once laid & locked together you can consider the laminate to be one single piece of floor so it will expand & contract as one piece. Best to have gaps all round. There are some quite neat edgings around.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cheers for your advice Dave. Will take it onboard. Plenty of brews for me before starting.

cheers Stu

Reply to
STUART ENGLISH