Karcher pressure washer - Lance problem

In my garden I have a lot of paving slabs that I clean with a Karcher power spray . The machine works fine, but I have problems with the "Lance". I have bought two extra ones over a period and they all set off ok but when I come to use after a winter they do not emit the same power of spray as they did previously. The problem is that the brass spray nozzle does not appear to fit dead centre with the outer plastic slit thus causing it to loose a lot of power. --Well that is what it seems to me.
The result is that to get any power I am having to hold the end of the lance to only 2" to 3" off the ground, thus reducing the width of spray and taking forever.
Has anyone else experienced this and found an answer to the problem
Thanks for any help
John
John wrote:

Your mains water flow rate might be reduced in summertime?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

That sounds like the sort of performance that my washer has ever done, though it is one of the smaller (less powerful?) versions - K300.
I suppose it cleans a strip about 1.1./2" to 2" wide or thereabouts at about the distance from the ground you specify. The flow rate is 380l/hr if memory serves correctly.
Christiano