just a tip on filling holes

I had a circular hole in a ceiling about an inch in diameter with empty space above that I need to make good. I had really no idea what most people would do with it. I know you can spend a load on expanding foam big-hole filler but that's a bit over the top. Anyway I cut a strip of corrugated cardboard off a box, about 18 inches long and an inch wide. Then starting at one end I rolled it up until it made a circular bung an inch thick, experimented with the length a bit until it made a nice tight fit and pushed it in the hole. Finished off with thin layer of standard filler. figgy

Reply to
figgy

It's a great feeling when you have found a solution to a problem like this and even a greater feeling when you can share it with others. Well done. In the past I have used a piece of paper kitchen towel, put a dollop of filler inside and made a ball of it then pushed it into the hole then filler on top.

Reply to
the_constructor