Joining two plastic pipes

Would it be possible to connect a 22mm plastic pipe for the boiler condensate into the side of a 40mm plastic pipe?
The latter has the washing machine corrugated pipe outlet inserted into the open top of this pipe which leads to the drain gulley.
I did consider heating a 22mm copper pipe and melting a hole in the side of the 40mm waste pipe since the condensate pipe is not under pressure but I would be grateful for a neater solution.
PJ

You can almost certainly get a tee piece for it. try googling "PVC reducing tee"
Steve
shazzbat wrote:

Thanks, Steve. I originally looked at the Screwfix site but now have tried searching for 40mm x 40mm x 22mm pvc reducing tee, unsuccessfully so far. PJ

You can get a 40-22mm reducer to go into a waste fitting.
Cut in a tee to your waste and push in the reducer to take the condense pipe.
You will get a reducer from any plumbers merchant the sells plastic waste pipe.
Heliotrope Smith wrote:

Thank you - so they are available. Since I could not find one on the Screwfix site I wondered if they existed. PJ

side
Look here http://www.polypipe.com/polypipe/controller?action=BP-Products&categoryID (2 gives you a good idea what is available.
Look on universal waste page of this site, I think there is universal 40 40 22 tee that does not need any solvents (easy to get at if any blockage)