Joining two plastic pipes

Would it be possible to connect a 22mm plastic pipe for the boiler condensate into the side of a 40mm plastic pipe?

The latter has the washing machine corrugated pipe outlet inserted into the open top of this pipe which leads to the drain gulley.

I did consider heating a 22mm copper pipe and melting a hole in the side of the 40mm waste pipe since the condensate pipe is not under pressure but I would be grateful for a neater solution.

PJ

Reply to
PJ

You can almost certainly get a tee piece for it. try googling "PVC reducing tee"

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thanks, Steve. I originally looked at the Screwfix site but now have tried searching for 40mm x 40mm x 22mm pvc reducing tee, unsuccessfully so far. PJ

Reply to
PJ

You can get a 40-22mm reducer to go into a waste fitting.

Cut in a tee to your waste and push in the reducer to take the condense pipe.

You will get a reducer from any plumbers merchant the sells plastic waste pipe.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Thank you - so they are available. Since I could not find one on the Screwfix site I wondered if they existed. PJ

Reply to
PJ

Look here

you a good idea what is available.

Look on universal waste page of this site, I think there is universal 40 40

22 tee that does not need any solvents (easy to get at if any blockage)
Reply to
Heliotrope Smith