Joining copper pipe to plastic pipe

I want to join 22 mm copper pipe to 15 mm plastic, the plastic pipe will connect hot water supply to a shower. What is the best way to do it? Joe

Reply to
joe

Any decent plumbers supplies will have a reducer to suit.

Reply to
Dogpoop

In article , joe writes

Speedfit do a single piece plastic reducing fitting for that:

code 10513, just over a third of the way down the page.

My own preference is to use brass compression fittings for mixed copper/plastic joints and a good plumbers' merchant will have 22/15mm reducing fittings for less than plastic:

code 6714, about a quarter of the way down. Don't forget to use a stiffener insert for the plastic pipe.

Reply to
fred

I prefer to use Hep or Polypipe than Speedfit.

Compression is fine on plastic. You should be able to get any number of T pieces/reducers to do the job from a plumbers merchants.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth