Joining Carpet

I have recently had an extension built and put a door from the existing hallway to a day room. This has left me a gap between where the carpet originally finished and where the door starts.

I want to join a new bit of carpet to the existing (I have some cuts that have been used for mats so have a similar amount of wear), can anyone advise the best way to do this?

TIA

Matt

Reply to
Matt

A staple gun and some carpet tape will do. Fold back the edge of the main carpet, then place your off cut against it to get the match, making sure a plain carpet is also running in the right direction of the weave, and stick both edges together with the tape. Lay it flat and staple through both cut edges to the floor, not to many, and then around the edges of the wall after it's been cut to suit.

You're done.

Reply to
BigWallop

Cheers buddy!