Immersion heater thread size?

Does anyone know the standard thread size for domestic immersion heaters in the UK. I guess it is probably a bsp thread but I don't know what size. Thanks

in
2 1/4" bsp is what you are looking for.
Thanks, most grateful for the info. Kaz

BTW does anyone know if steel or black iron backnuts or sockets are available in this size (2 1/4" bsp)? Thanks again

Hi Kaz Most plumbers merchants stock a brass immersion heater boss ,if this is what you mean. If however you want a 2 1/4 lock nut then a steel merchant would be better.
HTH
CJ