Ikea mattresses

Anyone know what the quality of Ikea's mattresses is, the 'sprung' ones? looking to get some bedroom furniture, including a bed, so wondered whether their mattresses are worth a consideration? TIA matty

Well, apparently 10% of all Europeans are now conceived on an IKEA bed, so they can't be doing too much wrong. That bed's probably quite knackered by now though...
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

Well don't look at me, I've had a vasectomy :-))
Steve
shazzbat wrote:

98% of women said their child was the result of sex with the farther
-- zaax
I don't like Ikea, they sell low quality goods that don't last very long and wear out quickly. Yes they may be cheap but if it don't last it works out more expensive in the end.
I haven't tried an Ikea mattress myself but my computer chair is wearing out after 3 years it has a hole in it, I know other people who have lots of Ikea furniture and it's wearing out. In Sweden it's regarded as like Poundstretcher. Oh, one more thing, Ikea beds are European size not UK size so if you have a UK bed then the mattress will not be an exact fit.

So says you - my friend is Swedish and his opinion on IKEA about how it is perceived in its home market is certainly not consistent with yours.
And if anybody is interested - the names they call their stuff is made up from using bits of two Swedish words put together.

Well I know Swedish people too. And I have also bought stuff from Ikea. It isn't great quality.
matty wrote:

If you buy their most expensive one, yes :-) Remember you need to buy an Ikea bed frame to fit and Ikea bedding to fit...
--
Vj

Vdkjll wrote:

Very happy with mine, now 8 years old and still in good condition.
The extra size is very welcome, and for us is certainly not a drawback.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

Oh, the bedding and everything? Quilt covers etc? matty
matty wrote:

The Base sheet yes. Unless you have a bigger than average flat sheet. But it'll be worth it!
Lovely nights sleep, so comfy! I'm going to get into mine now :-) Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
--
Vj

You must work for them? matty
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 04:45:39 GMT, "Vdkjll"

The nights you work, you'd sleep on top of a brick wall!