Do latex mattresses smell

Ken:

K > I recently purchased a Natures Rest latex mattress and am very happy K > with it except for a rather annoying chemical smell. I'm assuming the K > odor is what latex smells like but it's so unpleasant I'll probably K > have to return the mattress, which is a shame because it's super K > comfortable. K > K > Does anyone have experience with latex mattresses and the odor I'm K > experiencing with mine? Does the odor fade considerably over time, K > and if so how much time?

No idea, but another respondant indicated the odor does fade with time. In the mean time perhaps a mattress cover -- plastic or rubber

-- may help seal the smell?

  • Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, and someone yells, "Shut up!"
Reply to
barry martin

Rob Gray

One of the most expensive mattresses on the market with foam similar to what was invented at NASA for spacecraft seats smells for several days when you first get it and the instructions warn you of that.

Reply to
Art

I would not cover the mattress. It would have to breath for the odor to dissipate. If you can leave a window open during the day and or night, for the room to air out, that will help. It should not be as bad after about 2-3 days. At least mine was that way. Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

Reply to
Kahlua53