How to re-ignite Worcester 350 combi boiler (with images)

Hi All

Had a lot of fantastic help & advice last time with this group so I hope you can help again thanks.

I had the electric mains trip a few times and the combi boiler was on the same circuit (I know it probably shouldn't be) Anyhow the boiler isn't lit. All the right noises are made when the timer turns on and off etc but I can't figure out how to re-ignite the gas.

The below images show amongst others the lighting sequence, but I'm stuck on the "turn the gas service c*ck on" bit. (Don't know what it is refering too!) I also tried depressing the overheat switch but it wouldn't depress so I guess that was ok.

Maybe it's something else! Anyhow I'll see what advice is given..."Thanks for looking."

(Link to my photobucket slideshow album)

p.mc

Far too low resolution to read.

I would suggest you use uk.d-i-y - much larger readership (and get some higher resolution pictures).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Far too low resolution to read.

I would suggest you use uk.d-i-y - much larger readership (and get some higher resolution pictures).

Reply to
p.mc

It was the fan, it had seized. The lad gave it's spindle a squirt of WD40 and that sorted it for now. He'll pop a new one in if it fails again.

Reply to
p.mc

It will.

WD40 is a waterproofer, not a lubricant. It works as a passable penetrating oil, but will soon evaporate leaving a sticky coating designed to keep the water out.

Pop back to uk.d-i-y and ask for a suitable lubricant.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ