Hidden dimmable lighting

Hello all,
I'm creating a similar fireplace to the one below and if possible would like to incorporate some hidden dimmable lights. It's going to have a gel fire in there. I know this is a pretty daft request, installing lights inside a fire, but is there anyway of doing it? Could I install further up the chimney or protect with something?
http://www.acanthafireplaces.com/mantels/040lcb.htm
Cheers,
Matt
Why not brighten your marketing technique before you brighten your fireplace?
"Lunny" wrote in message

*** fireplace website link enclosed here ***!
Er....What?
Lunny wrote:

He thought you were plugging the website... If you look at this one http://www.acanthafireplaces.com/mantels/milano.htm They have lights, you could ask email the company you are buying from or the owners of the website maybe?
Ah, never saw that. Thanks!

The lights there are distinctly outboard the fire itself and don't light the fire, if you take my meaning. They are probably standard halogens.
I've been wondering about a similar issue - I'd like to instal lights under a metal chimney hood to light the fireplace when it's not lit, if you take my meaning again. But I'm worried about heat affecting the lights and wiring.
I'd also like to stuff the hood with insulation, as is seems to be a source f cold draughts, but again I'm concerned about putting anything around the hot flue.
Chris R.
OK. After giving it some thought....
Take a fused spur from the ring main using 2.5mm T&E (don't know what fuse rating for spur yet). Wire this to a dimmer switch using 1.5mm or 1.0mm T&E. Wire this to two SES E14 batten holders in series. Does anyone know if this is possible before I put my house and life in danger?
Lunny wrote:

Yes, but the fuse in the spur would have to be < 6A if you are using SES or SBC lampholders.
Owain
Vdkjll wrote:

4250! You could buy a house for that when I were a lad... (etc.)
Gilbert wrote:

House? We never 'ad an house.
Gilbert wrote:

Crikey! I didn't look at the price!
Vdkjll wrote:

Flash bastard!
:O)
I'm DIYing it not buying it! Anyone who pays 4500 for a bit of stone with a couple of lights in must be mental.
Lunny wrote:

What are you on about. A lighthouse? Probably worth buying, at that price.
Chris Bacon wrote:

Dunno, all those strangers dropping in at night, after you have switched the bedroom light off...
--
Sue

Palindr☻me wrote:

To be honest, that doesn't sound too bad....
Lunny wrote:

In sea boots and oilskins?
My what an interesting life you must lead..
--
Sue

Palindr?me wrote:

Bloody fisherman's wife...
Palindr☻me wrote:

And that's just the Screwfix delivery trying to get through
Owain