help identifying bolt in order to get another, thanks

Hi I have a gadget that holds together using two half inch long bolts. Unfortunatly I've lost one. I'm hoping I can just buy another easily but don't know how to describe it in order to find the replacement. So I was hoping more knowledgeable people might be able to help.
From reading around I think its a round head, flat underside, machine screw.
It has a rounded head half and inch accross with a single slot in it, which is handy as you can then unscrew it with a coin. The head is flat underneath not sunk in any way.
The screw rod bit then sticks out half an inch in length and is about 5mm diameter or 3/16ths of an inch.
Does this match a standard type? I don't mind if one has a smaller head as I can always just put a washer under it to make up for it. Though the large head is handy. I tried looking at various websites but all the sizes use code types rather than specifying the measurements so if anyone can help identify an equivelent type I'd be gratefull.
Thanks a bunch
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:40:39 +0100 Ff wrote :

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php?cPath#&products_id !6&Namebinet+Connector+-+30+to+39mm+-+Nickel+Plated
--
Tony Bryer SDA UK \'Software to build on\' http://www.sda.co.uk

Tony Bryer wrote:

http://www.woodfit.com/product_info.php?cPath#&products_id !6&Namebinet+Connector+-+30+to+39mm+-+Nickel+Plated
Tony,
they are exactly what *I* was looking for. Well timed !
I'm impressed,
M.

<Hi I have a gadget that holds together using two half inch long bolts.>
Why don't you just remove the other one and take that as reference????
"ff" wrote:

Can't you take the remaining bolt into a hardware store and ask them to match it? Also take the gadget so that they can confirm thread size. I don't see how you can reliably match this by looking at websites. If you know the name of the manufacturer, and they are still trading, they may send you a replacement bolt.
thank-you for the thoughts. Bolts are obviously more complicated than I imagined. Also I ran out of newsgroup allowance for the month so had to wait before replying.
In the end it turned out they were 1/4" 20 unc screws which I couldn't find. However the manufacturer kindly sent a few to a relative visiiting the usa who then brought them back with him so it worked out ok. If a rather convuluted method of getting hold of them.
Thanks for all ideas and thoughts.
ff wrote:

Thats sort of US equivalent of whitworth..
Studs bolts out of a yank tank?

http://www.allscrews.co.uk/high.htm
--
*I can see your point, but I still think you\'re full of shit.