Guttering info

Hi,
I am considering using some downpipe to move rainwater from one side of the house to the other and eventually connect it to the downpipe that is going into the ground. I am wondering if there may be a problem doing this as the pipe needs to go horizontally accross 2 sides of the house, should I use guttering instead?
Thanks in advance!

Using down pipe horizontal will leak on the connectors. You must run diagonal and if the fall isn't steep enough it will also leak. Using guttering is the best way, you can run it horizontal across a gable wall and connect it to the opposite side via the gutter. You may have to alter the fall on the gutter you are diverting to get it to run in the right direction. If the down pipe is in the middle of the property.

I would imagine that guttering is going to be as likely to leak and spill as downpipe. You can always seal the joint on downpipe securely. I think of guttering as being there to catch water and it will look very odd if used as a transport vehicle.
I can't help but think that pipework or guttering running around two sides of a house will look like a bodge job.
Personally, if I had to do this I'd use the downpipe and make sure the joints are well sealed and there is a fall in the pipe.
Just why are you having to do this? Can't you dispose of the water on the same side of the house as it's collected from?
Paul