Gas Fire Problem

This is my first time here; hallo all.
I have a Flavel Regency gas fire.
When it seems to feel like it (every two weeks or every two months) the radiants grow darker & emit very little heat. I remove the injectors & blow them through; this solves the problem. I have noticed tiny particles of a black substance dropping out of the injectors, this when I remove them and tap them on the illuminated face of a torch.
This has been going on for years.
Ideas anyone?
Regards
Steve

Try a CORGI service
Adam

of
I used to be CORGI registered many years ago. I spoke to a CORGI "engineer" about this problem 2 years ago; he just looked at me blankly.
Thanks anyway Adam
Steve