Gas Back Boiler Question ?

In the new house that I am going to be in shortly, there is a Gas back boiler for the central heating and hot water, with a rather nice gas fire on the wall.
I am not really sure how these things work.
My question is this.
If I have a Combi boiler fitted, is it possible to disconnect the back boiler completely from Gas and Water and just leave the gas fire working. -- troubleinstore

I have seen this done quite a few times so your chances look good.
Adam

Thank you Adam -- troubleinstore
I have just had this done no problems.