Flexible waste pipe to solvent weld..?

Will the spigot on a 40mm flexible waste pipe (http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id '334) connect to a solvent weld pipe?
Your comments are appreciated :)

with compression stuff suggests not, the ones I have seen have a greasy feel that suggests polyprop (pushfit/compression) rather than abs/upvc (solvent). Nothing to stop you using a compression coupler to join to a solvent weld pipe or there are solvent to compression boss adaptors if that is where you are going.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

The fact that it says "Compression 1 end, spigot at other. Not for use with push-fit fittings" suggests the opposite, though.

I'd say more hints than suggests ;-), with screwfix you never can tell. I was going to say that I didn't think the material properties of abs/upvc were compatible with the flexi corrugated section but I see that another has piped in saying that Hepworth do a flex with a solvent spigot, whether screwfix's cheap sht is that clever is, I think, either a suck it & see or find someone who has bought same.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Matt wrote:

Yes, that is what the "universal" bit is all about - the female end will mate with any type of pipe. However this does not mean that the male end will be made from the right type of plastic to go directly into a solvent weld fitting.
--
Cheers,

John.

So a universal compression WILL connect to standard solvent weld pipe?
I've inherited a box of bits that's full of odd sized stuff - it's confusing me!
Cheers.
John Rumm wrote:

Matt wrote:

I was under the impression that solvent weld pipe was a slightly different diameter to standard pushfit pipe and as such the fittings for each type are *not* interchangeable??
David

Lobster wrote:

It's a slightly different size, but compression fittings work with pushfit and solvent.
Hepworth do a flexi pipe with solvent spigots - called hepflex (bes.ltd.uk part number 15112) They also do it in kit form so you can make it up to any length with solvent on one end and push fit on the other.
Lobster wrote:

That is true, you can't use solvent weld fittings on push fit pipe or vice versa, however you can use a universal compression on either type.
--
Cheers,

John.

you can get solvent weld flexi, but it is super dear, comes with whirlpool bath systems.
mrcheerful