Fitting a kitchen part 3

I am progressing (slowly)
I have assumed the base unit height (with Work surface ) is set to make a line with the cooker height. Using this height around the kitchen , was gap do I leave between the bottom of the wall units and the work surface.
No units near the cooker
Thanks

I think standard gap is around 400mm
http://www.metric.org.uk/Practical/homediy/kitchen.htm
Dave wrote:

This gives a typical spacing:
http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/pdfs/U01389.pdf
You would presumably want other units to have the same spacing from the work surface as those adjacent to a cooker, ie 400mm.
Personally, I put mine with a spacing that allowed me to reach to the back of the top shelf and had room for the Kenwood Chef at the back of the worktop...
--
Sue