Fitting a kitchen

I am just anout to fit my kitchen. I was told by a number of friends to put up the wal units first then you done have the problem leaning over the base un its or possible marking them Just opened the flimsy installation guide and it states " Fit the base units first" Any advise appreciated
Dave wrote:

I just did my kitchen.
Do the painting first. The ceiling and the walls.
If you have a window ledge that will need painting, do it before you get the units in, as getting underneath it without getting paint on the worktop is not fun!
We put up the wall units last, it wasn't any bother doing it with the units in the way. And it was better lining them up to look righ once the base units were in. But I suppose that isn't an issue if they are all the way around. We just kneeled on the worktops. But your friend may have more experince :-)
Did I mention, do the painting first?
Vdothepaintingfirstj

EricP wrote:

Yup!
"Dave" wrote:

Do you mean the risk of marking the worktops if you drop a wall unit or a tool? If so, you can fit the base unit carcasses first but leave the worktops off until after the wall cupboards are hung, or fit the worktops first then cover with cardboard that will probably come as packaging, or old blankets. If the wall units need to be aligned directly above any base units then it makes sense to fit the base units first. This might be why the instructions say to fit the base units first, although a plumb line can be used to ensure vertical alignment. It is easier fit the base units first as you can get closer to the wall to drill holes for the wall brackets without the base units in the way.