btinternet.com> writes

From: http://www.planning-approval.co.uk/newsletterSeptember04PermittedDevelopment.htm
6. Fence heights - Normally 1M max. close to a highway or 2M in most other cases.
I think that is "Permitted Developent", ie. automatically allowed, greater requiring planning permission, but don't know how easy that is to achieve.
--
fred

On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:03:28 +0100, "Vass"

Some one once told me you can have up to a 6 foot high fence. Thats 6 foot on your side of the boundary. You can add trellacing to the top of it taking it up another foot, and have stuff grow over the top if you like?

Max 1m to front, or highway boundary. All other boundaries can be higher, generally 1.5m, but some councils allow higher.

high
Usually 6ft, but you will need to phone your Council - many areas, particularly estates built from the 70s on, have blanket bans on all sorts of stuff - where I live, you can't put up any fences or hedges - gardens must be left 'open-plan', plus no sheds, no boats, no caravans, no bonfires, and no lopping of any trees, even if you planted them! We did win WWII, didn't we? Graham