Fence panels - How high?

Are there any regulations (in the UK) stopping me putting up 8 foot high fencing on my boundary in the garden?

Reply to
Vass

In article , Vass writes

  1. Fence heights - Normally 1M max. close to a highway or 2M in most other cases.

I think that is "Permitted Developent", ie. automatically allowed, greater requiring planning permission, but don't know how easy that is to achieve.

Reply to
fred

Some one once told me you can have up to a 6 foot high fence. Thats 6 foot on your side of the boundary. You can add trellacing to the top of it taking it up another foot, and have stuff grow over the top if you like?

Reply to
Harry

Max 1m to front, or highway boundary. All other boundaries can be higher, generally 1.5m, but some councils allow higher.

Reply to
Al

Usually 6ft, but you will need to phone your Council - many areas, particularly estates built from the 70s on, have blanket bans on all sorts of stuff - where I live, you can't put up any fences or hedges - gardens must be left 'open-plan', plus no sheds, no boats, no caravans, no bonfires, and no lopping of any trees, even if you planted them! We did win WWII, didn't we? Graham

Reply to
GTS